Habit Hack: The Perfect Pre-Party Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin
Get Ready for Any Occasion with Habitual Skin: Achieve the Ultimate glow and Prepare Your Base for Makeup with our Pre-Party Routine tips
- Cleanse. The most important step in achieving that perfect base. The winter season can be really drying for the skin so it is best to look for cleansers that are gentle and that uses natural ingredients that don’t strip your natural oils away. Every night, make it a habit to cleanse the face to remove all the dirt in your pores that you have accumulated throughout the day.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating dry or dead skin cells twice or twice a week will help remove any build-up on your skin which prevents breakouts and clogged pores. Exfoliating can leave your skin looking brighter and improve the effectiveness of skin care products by enhancing absorption to the skin.
- Treat. Winter can be rough on the skin that’s why it’s essential to treat the skin and snag serums for your specific skin concerns. It is better to address these as early as possible to give time for your skin to renew and repair itself.
- Moisturise. The low humidity in the winter air outdoors and inside heated homes affects our skin’s hydration, which can also cause windburn, drying out and reddening the sensitive skin on our lips and hands. During this time, it is best to use moisturisers that contain Vitamin E and humectants. We also recommend reapplying your moisturiser throughout the day to keep your skin moist.
- Prime. Powder products can easily make you feel dry and crusty in the winter. We recommend applying water-based primer as this will last all day without setting them with powder and this helps smooth out the texture of your skin before you apply your makeup.
- Mist. An additional step that will boost hydration in the skin before applying makeup.